Saturday, April 17, 2010

☞ LISTEN: Jazz Sundays at 67 Orange Street

Sundays, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM at 67 Orange Street. Check out Harlem's top speakeasy lounge 67 Orange Street tomorrow evening for their new weekly Sunday live jazz night to wrap up the weekend. There will be a new jazz artist featured every week, and tomorrow's notable performer, Gavin Harper, will be playing a set starting 7:00 PM. 67 Orange Street is located on 2082 Frederick Douglas Blvd/8th Avenue between 112th and 113th Street at the start of the weekend. The closest subway to this location is the B,C on 110th Street. Photo by Melissa Hom. www.67orangestreet.com

2 comments:

  1. I've collected feedback from at least 5 different people (both longtime Harlem residents and newbie owners) all of whom are doing pretty well financially and the common complaint was that the drinks were not priced reasonably at $13-$15 a piece.

    There are many lovely hot-spot lounges below 96th Street that would balk at these prices.

    I definitely plan on visiting because I do strongly believe in supporting local businesses but I'm afraid I won't be able to lend that support in the routine after-work manner in which I would have hoped. It's quite a shame as I pass by it every single day and I love to drink...haha.

    The owner (who also owns Society Cafe and from what I hear is a nice and friendly guy) is at risk of sending a rather elitist message to its neighbors - old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so totally with you on this one. the place looks amazing but i just really cant afford it. society is great though.

    ReplyDelete