Wednesday, September 15, 2010

☞ SEE: Portrait of Harlem at George Bruce



September 18th-30th at the George Bruce New York Public Library. Modern day photographer Lenore Brown will have her classic take on today's Harlem shown at the George Bruce Library (518 West 125th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam). Ms. Brown's photos (at center) are mainly black and white and capture today's Harlem with a bit of retro ambiance. The Grain Feed painted sign in the photo can be found on West 128th Street, just west of FDB/8th Avenue. Get more details on the show opening this Saturday: LINK

1 comment:

  1. OMG ! I miss Harlem so much ! i'm French and when I was 21 (I'm now 45 !!!) I've been livin' in Harlem (156 btw Harlem et Amsterdam) for three monthes... It was in 86 and I've had the best time of my life. People, streets, shops, pubs, delis... everything was just perfect to me... I miss my flat, my neighbourhood, the laundry in the basement, the post office with the employees who were always asking me to talk about France... Harlem is an amazing place, and even if it has change a lot, I'm sure that the spirit's still there and always be !

    ReplyDelete