Wednesday, October 20, 2010

☞ DRINK: South African Wines at Harlem Vintage

Wednesday, October 20th, 6:00 PM-8:00 PM.  Harlem Vintage will have Ronald Gault and Charlayne Hunter-Gault and their portfolio of 'Passages' wines as part of the Wine Makers of Color Collection.  Check out the “Taste & Talk” festivities with this dynamic couple and learn more about South African Wines at this event.

Harlem Vintage is located at 2235 Frederick Douglass Blvd/8th Ave between 120th and 121st Street. Tel. (212) 866-9463. Nearest subway are the A,B,C,D at 125th Street.  www.harlemvintage.com

12 comments:

  1. Sincere question: has anyone else experienced severe sticker shock at this shop? I bought wine here once when I was having friends for dinner. Haven't been back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanou's Mum, haven't been, but pass it every day. Quite pricey then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris

    Ain't Tesco's. I go to the dreadful off license on 7th and 115. Where do you all go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found wines here that were reasonable but usually I get mine from Fresh Direct. They have a decent selection that is very well priced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to go because spending an extra dollar or two for a local wine shop is worth it to me. Love Nectar as well.

    I like The Winery, too, on 116.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went to Nectar a few weeks ago for the first time and really enjoyed it. Great tapas style food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think they are any pricier than other decent wine shops in nyc. I just wish they were closer to my apt! M

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anonymous 10:52

    Yeah a shop above 116 on Lenox would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lenox Wines on 129th is ok--m

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the prices are fine. There are definitely affordable options to be had there if one's not looking to pay $20+ per bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've found them to be quite a bit pricey but run there for convenience since it's closer to me than the Winery on 116th which definitely have better prices and a better selection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are 2 things I dont stay in Harlem for for, sit down chinese food and wine. I have found places on the East side are willing to deliver to me in the 130's. Most will also give you a 20% discount on a case.

    ReplyDelete