Parsons School of Design alumnus with a BFA in fashion, who has worked in the menswear industry for several years. Past lives have been in the East Village and Lower East Side of Manhattan; more recently transplanted to Harlem. Currently living in a 1907 "French flat," an Edwardian era middle-class apartment.
One of Harlem's oldest houses of worship (from a time when there were only villages uptown) seems to be going under some much needed facade repair as of late. The church building at 521 West 126th Street has been around since 1908 and was built on a plot where a wood frame steeple structure from the 1820's originally stood. Alexander Hamilton's widow and children were reported to have been part of the congregation in the earlier days when this part of West Harlem was still considered the countryside. Check out our original post to see an even more village-like structure that is directly attached to the old Manhattanville church: LINK