Parsons School of Design alumnus with a BFA in fashion, who has worked in the menswear industry for several years. Past lives have been in the East Village and Lower East Side of Manhattan; more recently transplanted to Harlem. Currently living in a 1907 "French flat," an Edwardian era middle-class apartment.
The above 1884 architectural sketch of the Dr. L.C. Warner House at 126th Street had us wondering if it ever got built so we ended up checking out the history of that particular location on the corner of 5th Avenue. At the center photo taken circa 1932, the mansion that sits on the corner just south of the Mount Morriah Church can still be seen but the image has it listed as a "boarding school for colored children." It would appear that sometimes soon after, the entire structure was torn down to be replaced by a prewar apartment complex that consumed a few of the neighboring brownstones (lower photo). The only other part of Harlem that seems to have this type of architecture is up on St. Nicholas Avenue and the Bailey Mansion is probably the largest one to be found: LINK. Archival photo courtesy NYPL