Parsons School of Design alumnus with a BFA in fashion, who has worked in the menswear industry for several years. Past lives have been in the East Village and Lower East Side of Manhattan; more recently transplanted to Harlem. Currently living in a 1907 "French flat," an Edwardian era middle-class apartment.
For those curious to what the building at the corner of 131st and Lenox used to look like, we found this archival photo form 1940 showing the structure intact. A storefront at the long gone building used to sell orthodox goods so there must have still been a large Jewish presence in Harlem in those years. Today, the corner half of the townhouse no longer exists and the leftover open lot at this part of Central Harlem has been around apparently since the 80s. Does anyone know if the land is owned by the church next door or does it belong to the government?