An old photo of the L.M. Blumstein Department store building from 1923 shows a few more details on the old structure that we never noticed before. First of all, there are two quite massive flag poles at the front of the facade that definitely does not exist today. The other subtle alteration can be seen up by the balconies since most of the railings have since been dismantled. We have pointed out in previous posts that there used to also be some grand awnings at street level and this image clearly supports that fact. Today the building still stands on 125th Street between FDB and ACP but is used by a local college for the most part with just a small commercial element on the ground floors.