Monday, October 26, 2015

EAT: WHAT'S UP WITH BUNZ ON ST. NICHOLAS?

A few tips came in that the former French bistro called Cedric at 119th on St. Nicholas recently transformed into a burger restaurant called Bunz but now has been closed during the past week or so.  Crafted burger are a really big trend in the city but somehow the name of this dining destination did not really romance us on the concept.  Brown paper now line the windows so maybe a renovation could be happening during the coming weeks.  Does anyone have any other details on the status of Bunz?

8 comments:

  1. I loved Cedric! So sad it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible name, but their burgers were pretty good. It's a shame if they sunk that $ into rebranding/changing the menu, only to close a few months later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Cedric was my favorite in the area. When it switched to Bunz, it bummed me out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea Cedric closed! HB - do you know the reason why? My husband and I had glass of champagne there the night we got engaged. So so sad it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. must be another idiot running the place like the owner of Native who switched things up to La Bodgea - and all the customers went away....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 300% Isn't La Bodega changing to something else now? I mean, why would anyone cover up the windows with newspapers, so that potential customers can't even see what's happening inside the restaurant?

      Delete
  6. I liked Cedric's as well, Bunz was and is a terrible name. I think if you want to do a "burger" concept you need to have a much more modern/updated décor. I wish they would remodel the space into something that feels more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cedric's was one of my favorite -- fantastic prix fix meal and cocktails. My heart broke walking in and realizing it had became Bunz. The service was terrible, terrible name and the owners seemed more concerned with looking cool than actually serving their customers. Fingers crossed something great is in the works.

    ReplyDelete