Thursday, December 1, 2011

☞ EAT: Harlem Tavern Winter Outdoor Dining

Many had been wondering this year on what the cold weather situation would be like for the 3,500 square foot outdoor patio at the Harlem Tavern and the answer has finally arrived.  South Harlem's massive outdoor eatery has just pitched a tent up over the open patio at the corner of 116th Street and FDB so folks can enjoy the outdoor experience without out chill of winter. Of course there is the other option of dining in the indoor section that used to be a gas station not too long ago.  Read more about the arrival of the Harlem Tavern in our past post: LINK

7 comments:

  1. They ARE set for Winter, aren’t they. Only ate there once and was not knocked out by the food. But it was Labour Day Monday and while I was ready for lunch they were only doing brunch so that might have had something to do with it. They were solicitous without being unctuous with my handicapped boy which I appreciated.

    What have been y’all’s experiences?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a burger there once and it was okay but not great. Nice atmosphere when the weather's nice, and the staff actually seem to do a good job of managing crowds, which is saying something for Harlem where we all know service is often terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have walked by it several times last summer, but although I am thrilled that it is there..I prefer the Red Rooster..I might give it a chance this winter. But I am not sure about this eating outside in the winter ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been twice:

    Food-B
    Staff-B+
    Ambiance-A-

    Solid place but they really should work on the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harlem BBC, I think that's about right. Been a few times and whilst the food is pretty good, it isn't great. I did really like the burger and fries though. Guinness on tap is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food is average - I'm just happy there's a place in Harlem like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Football Sundays are awesome here. Crowd is always friendly. Staff helpful and easy to find. Food seems to be an afterthought but I have to say in the 4x I've been service & food has improved each time.

    ReplyDelete