Saturday, March 24, 2012

☞ EAT: Ambassades Buffet Becomes Restaurant


About a year ago, Les Ambassades opened up a second location on 127th Street and Lenox but made it a buffet restaurant.  A Bespoke reader noticed recently that the buffet signage has been taken down and that the eatery on upper Lenox will now become a bar and restaurant.  Buffets are quite popular in Harlem but Les Ambassades on lower FDB does quite well as a restaurant so maybe sticking to the original formula might work out better at this new location.

7 comments:

  1. Smart move. The buffet thing was a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lenox Ave. restaraunt row is filling in quite nicely now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will truly miss the buffet. I either ate there or took out no fewer than 4 times a week. Sometimes it is nice to just fix your own plate of good food, eat and leave without being "waited on." I do understand that having a bar really brings in the $$ for a business, so I wish them much success. I will continue to support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a healthy mix of both can work. They can still offer a reduced buffet menu for lunch like Spoonbread does (or did? haven't been there in a while) and also capitalize on the bar/restaurant concept. I think this pivot may be in response to all the positive feedback around the new places opening on Lenox and the added foot traffic. Or this could have been the plan all along except they were testing the waters. Either way, I'm excited for them. It will make my after-work entertainment that much richer with Lenox Social, Rooster, an Chez Lucienne thrown on the mix. Oh joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say I absolutely love the signage for this place! How can you not drop by for some drinks and pub food at a place that looks like a French cinema!lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never made it to the buffet, but I will have to check out the restaurant now. The baked goods at the FDB original are GREAT.

    ReplyDelete