Monday, March 12, 2012

☞ INTRODUCING: Harlem Treasure Chest Flea



We were able to drop by the new Harlem Treasure Chest Flea Market this past weekend and was surprised in the fact that it took this long for someone to come up with an outdoor market in Harlem.  Located at a cleaned up lot on the corner of 117th and FDB/8th Avenue, the Harlem Treasure Chest has mix of antique dealers selling their wares in the open air.  Besides the usual rack of cloths, random item such as marble cafe table tops were also seen this past weekend.  It's not the largest space for a flea market, but this new South Harlem addition is worth checking out for those interested in vintage shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I trotted up there with the dog on Saturday morning to find an empty lot. Wasn’t ’till I got home and checked the always reliable Harlem+Bespoke to realise I had gone to the wrong place. I went to the vacant gas station lot by mistake. But I saved money.

    My realtor pal tells me that gas station is slated to become a rental high rise with a Trader Joe’s. Of course he has been telling me Trader Joe’s is arriving for about the last five years. Guaranteed me it was going into the Livmore. Pfffft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've heard the Trader Joe's stories as well ... always from real estate brokers (hmm). Is the gas station lot going to be a rental or condo building?

    ReplyDelete