Friday, July 13, 2012

☞ SHOP: Renovations at Former Claudio's


Claudio's Barber Shop at East 116th Street had to relocate just a couple of storefronts down and now the old space close to 1st Avenue is going under renovations.  Locals were upset that Claudio's would shut down forever since the barber has been a neighborhood institution for decades but the business did not close thanks to the outcry.  The new Claudio Barber Shop is not as distinct as the former space which reportedly will become  a Chinese takeout establishment.

3 comments:

  1. Well at least Claudio is still in the neighborhood, which is a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just viewed this pic & in spite of the fact that its from 2012, I would like to say that at least Claudio is still on the same block where he's been all those previous years,(only a few doors away, as a matter of fact), which I think is very good, since I'm sure he still has many customers in the neighborhood who go to him for haircuts till today. & may I add also that my two sons had been going to him since they were little boys as well as teenagers into young adults. Just thought I would add this comment as I was sitting here thinking about previous times ( 80's & 90's, earlier 90's, that is, LOL. Anyway, just thought I would send this out there to whomever might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least Claudio is still in the neighborhood, just a few doors away from his previous location which he had been in for a very long time.
    & I'm sure that pleases quite few people that continue to go to him for their haircuts. My two sons were going to him since they were little boys as well as teenagers & young adults. Just thought I would add this comment as I was thinking about previous times.(80's & early 90's). Good Luck to Claudio in his newer location, even though its not that new any more, since its now the end of 2014.

    ReplyDelete