Tuesday, August 13, 2013

☞ BESPOKE: Minton's Neon Out for Restoration


The updated Minton's Playhouse jazz club at 118th and St. Nicholas appears to be working on the final touches.  Located at the former Cecil Hotel, this historic lounge closed a few years back but a major investor has arrived to make it a destination spot in line with Red Rooster.  We noticed yesterday that the neon out front had been removed and that the front door had been painted green (which may or may not be primer).  A couple of weeks back, the Cecil neon on the corner was removed and replaced within a short time period: LINK

4 comments:

  1. Looking good, can't wait to see inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a photo of my maternal grandparents & some friends celebrating the end of WWII at Minton's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg, we would love to publish any photos of the original Minton's if you would like to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I have to search for the photo but be warned its only an interior shot. Also, I have a World War II era photo of my grandparents at Small's Paradise. Again, its an interior photo but its still in its original souvenir jacket. I think it dates to 1943. So let me know Ulysses and I'll send it to you.

      Delete