Thursday, February 18, 2010

☞ SHOP: The Original Red Rooster Up For Rent


We had to dig around for some time to find out where the original Red Rooster was located after the news came out that there will be a revival of the famous Harlem Restaurant. What we didn't notice was that the same space located for many decades at 2354 7th Avenue and 138th Street is currently up on the market as a commercial rental. The two floor, 1,600 square foot storefront is currently asking for $3,750 per month in rent. What are the chances of the space returning back to its roots? Read about the original Red Rooster in our previous post: LINK. The closest trains are the 2,3 and the B,C at 135th Street.

2 comments:

  1. I don't recall this to be the Original Red Rooster, I have lived in the area for a long time, the last Rest. was a Jamacian place called Strawberry Kitchen, they had good Jama- food along with mice and roaches, they were there for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original Red Rooster was home to some of my most treasured memories with my Mom (now deceased). We frequently had Sunday dinner there. It was also a very active bar & after-hour spot...even though my Mom didn't want me to know that. A precious Harlem landmark in my family.

    ReplyDelete