Wednesday, October 13, 2010

☞ DWELL: 146 West 130th Sold in September


It took almost a year to sell and the 18 foot wide, renovated 3-family townhouse at 146 West 130th Street (between Lenox and ACP/7th) closed the deal in September.  The initial asking price was $1.88 million but the block still had quite a few shells left to be revived and neighbor soap star Cameron Mathison had since moved to Hollywood (the actor's house did not sell and went rental): LINK. So when the final sale price was revealed at $889K based on public records, it looked like somebody lost out at the end.  It turns out that not all is as bad as it seems since the townhouse was purchased by one of the two original owners so controlling share was basically transfered.

10 comments:

  1. Seems a bit odd. 1 million off the asking price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way that thing is staged they’re lucky it sold at all! It’s got all the warmth of a waiting room at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, they were just transferring control of half the property. It was a split ownership, and one part-owner bought out the other. So the price is pretty much spot on the original asking price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Ben. Excuse the complete lack of real estate knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanou's Mum, I quite like it. Sort of a modern vibe within a brownstone exterior. Although, a bit of exposed brick would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chris

    ‘To each his own’ said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally something I’m actually qualified to comment on. To me this looks like someone took a lot of really nice stuff and placed it in the space. I am not modern person but the pieces are very good quality. Those could be 2 thousand dollar sofas. This is not IKEA modern. However I think it failed as far as staging goes, it lacks a lived in feel. Clearly this was used as an investment and not a home and I think the transaction shows it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Sanou's Mum, I see what you are referring to by staged now. I quite like the interior, but after a second look, I agree that it doesn't have a lot of soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chris
    I can see myself quietly weeping in that room. All it needs is a box of Kleenex on the end table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We saw this house when shopping last year. I don't think that is staging. From what I remember, one of the tenants is an interior designer.

    ReplyDelete