Monday, March 14, 2011

☞ READ: Fire at 271 West 126th Street

The fire trucks were still at 271 West 126th Street at the corner of FDB/8th Avenue on Saturday morning with many neighbors out front wondering what happened.  A New York Post article reveals that the blaze was started by a careless smoker in one of the apartments at around 1:50 AM just hours earlier: LINK.  Luckily everyone made it out but a family that had to be rescued from the fourth floor is in critical condition. Gothamist also reports that smoke detectors were not present in the apartment where the fire originated or on the floor where the family was found unconscious: LINK.

5 comments:

  1. and this is just one reason I do not allow smoking in my building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the corner of FDB/8th Avenue and not ACP/7th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT Sanou's Mum !! I don't even let folks smoke in my place....I remember my Great Aunt Gussie, who had black bum marks on her carpet from falling asleep while smoking !!! I'll never forget that image...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s my favorite bodega. The guy behind the counter was super nice. There were always people from the neighborhood hanging out with him. Plus they had a really good selection of diet soda. It’s where I went to buy snacks to sneak into the movie theater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smokers will tell you that they should have all the rights in the world, but here is a prime example of why they should be banished to the outer parts of crapville. I hope that all the memebers of that family recover fully.

    ReplyDelete