An old post card of Small's Paradise from circa 1943 shows the establishment's top-notch entertainment lounge that was reportedly the only one that had air conditioned rooms at the time. Ed Small's "Harlem House of Mirth and Music" could pack in 1,500 guests and was one of the first to be integrated upon opening. Note the four barrel corners of the well-appointed bar was configured in the layout of an actual four leaf clover and some of those curvilinear lines are reflected in a newly opened eatery today: LINK.
The lower photo shows that the building still stands at 135th Street but a school and a different type of house currently inhabits the once famous jazz lounge. Click on photos to enlarge