Wednesday, June 22, 2011

☞ REMEMBER: Make Music New York 2011






Make Music New York Day in Harlem brought out the jazz last night and many of the restaurants were flowing with customers taking in the free sounds of the New York City annual event.  The above photos  are some of the local images uploaded by Aloft Harlem, Levain Bakery and Billie's Black on their facebook sites. One performance that had a lot of folks crowding the streets was at The Winery on West 116th Street and FDB which had folks coming from work and locals enthralled during the early evening hours.  Overall, this was great event that brought music back to the streets of Harlem and folks out to local businesses.  Next year should be even better as more venues open up!

4 comments:

  1. I have to respectfully disagree on how "great" the event was. When I got out of the subway at 125th, the noise was deafening. I could only feel pity for the poor souls who lived directly above those places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob's a curmudgeon. I had a great time, and it didn't last long into the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a curmudgeon. I just don't understand why people who make noise -- particularly to push their own businesses -- don't respect the needs, privacy and rights of their neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 125th is normally so quiet! Never any bass, any people yelling, any people hitting plastic buckets....it really is normally an oasis of peace at 125th near the subway.

    Sheesh! I'd rather hear some music anytime, and fortunately most other people seem to agree with me.

    ReplyDelete