Monday, December 6, 2010

☞ DWELL: 423 West 141st Sold in November


After having gone into contract this past September, the house on the corner of 141st and Hamilton Terrace has officially sold.  The 20 foot wide, single-family townhouse, at 423 West 141st Street was asking for $1.7 million back in May but was eventually reduced to $1.3 million a few months later. We pointed out in the past that depth of the property's lot falls short at 58.5 feet with no garden in sight but the 3,440 square foot home has six working fireplaces, sits on a corner facing St. Nicholas Park and has lots of interior details. Based on public records, this Hamilton Heights home at the edge of one of West Harlem's historic district just sold for $1.1 million. There's not much commercial activity in the immediate block but it is one of the most picturesque districts in Harlem.

2 comments:

  1. One of my true favorites in the St Nicholas Area !! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I passed it on Saturday night--the lights were lit it up all in the rooms, it looked so beautiful. Does that mean the buyers have already moved in? Honestly, I've passed it a thousand times before and it's never had that warm, lived-in glow about it; I have the idea the former residents were more curtains-drawn types, and what I saw was evidence of the newcomers. Anyone think my hunch is right?

    ReplyDelete