Friday, October 10, 2014

INTRODUCING: NEW BOUTIQUE ON 116TH STREET


When walking by 139 West 116th Street just east of 7th Avenue recently, we noticed that some creative work was being done on the interior of an old glass window shop.  A Japanese decorative artist from Brooklyn who was on site was doing some interesting stain work on the wood surfaces within and told us that this will be a specialty gift boutique in the future.  We have not seen the merchandise offerings yet but the restoration of the original tin ceilings within the interior was quite impressive and perhaps portends to a new business that will have more character to it than what is usually found on this commercial corridor.

3 comments:

  1. I believe that the Tin Ceiling adds so much character to a room. Its a refreshing design element from the traditional solid paint colour. I'm planning on doing a Tin Ceiling in my kitchen along with a nice ceiling light fixture as an update.

    Ricks was a good community retailer. He's missed. His prices were good and the workmanship was excellent. I had a door in my dressing room mirrored by him & the work was great. I was really happy with it. He even changed out the door knob fixture so that it matched the beveled mirror. Also, I had his team fix some windows in my living room and bedroom and I was just over the moon with the work. I hate like hell he got priced out. I still patronize him even though he's up in the Bronx now.

    The design of his shop was cute, mirrors everywhere to reflect his craft. It was an interesting design concept for a small space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of light fixtures are you planning for your kitchen tin ceiling?

      Delete
  2. Rick will be missed, I believe he is operating out of the Bronx now.

    ReplyDelete