Who can guess the location of this commercial junction circa 1940? The triangular lot is being used for other purposes in recent decades and that storage building is still a major landmark but a lot more modern these days. The answer and updated photo can be found after the jump.
This view is looking north from St. Nicholas at about 123rd Street with the Dwyer condos to the left. Those low level retail buildings at center have long since been demolished and now the brutalist police station holds court at this triangular intersection. Archival image courtesy NYPL