Thaddeus Wilkerson, Barnard School for Boys, New York, ca. 1910 via the digital collection at the Museum of the City of New York.
One of Sugar Hill's most notable buildings has finally been renovated after being neglected for decades so we decided to post again our original history piece on the famous address. A postcard from 1910 show the building at the corner of 146th and St. Nicholas Avenue in a more pristine state over a century ago. The sign on the second level indicates the building was originally the Barnard School for Boys in better days but the lower photo shows the structure's state today. One interesting architectural detail to note is that photos of this building with a cornice have never been found and thus the building might have been designed without one in mind.