Friday, June 10, 2011

☞ DWELL: Chanticleer House Back on Market


OPEN HOUSE:  Sunday, June 12th, 11:00 AM-4:00 PM. The house at 318 West 115th Street (just west of FDB) that belonged to the late owner of the former African-American Wax Museum has now appeared back on the market. Raven Chanticleer passed away a few years back and the 16 foot wide, 3,468 square foot townhouse was in family-owned limbo until it finally was sold just this past January.  A dumpster had been seen out front for a very short period of time and now it looks like the cleaned up property is asking for $1.99 million.  Read more about Raven Chanticleer and what the house sold for in our past post: LINK

2 comments:

  1. Did much $ go into renovating this or are they trying to make a quick million in the space of five months? If the latter, how/why did the previous owner let it go for so cheap?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure it is a question of why the previous owner let it go so cheap. I would think it is more a question of what makes the current owner think he/she could get so much for it.

    It looks like a fine place but I don't see too many market fundamentals that would support a $1.99M price tag for a 16-footer. Maybe I'm wrong - I would be delighted to learn that I am - but I don't see it here.

    ReplyDelete