Wednesday, July 7, 2010

☞ DWELL: 2577 Eight Avenue Condo Townhouse


It turns out that those modern townhouses on FDB/Eight Avenue, between 136th and 138th Street are basically small condo apartments. Unit B at 2577 Eight Avenue is up for sale at $529K and the two-level dwelling includes a living room, kitchen and garden layout on the ground floor with two bedrooms on the second floor. The finishes are on the moderate end and since these are newer constructions, there's no classic details to be found inside. The condo is only about 14.5 x 35 foot wide and has 1.5 baths in all. Has anyone been in one of these buildings? They apparently are modeled after Strivers Row which is up the block and some of the modern condos have parking in the back in a similar gated driveway as the historic townhouses (lower photo). The closest train is the B,C at 135th Street and there's not much else happening in this part of Central Harlem. Photos by Ulysses

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I have a good friend that lives just around the corner from these condo's. I usually stay at her brownstone when I am in NYC. I have talked to some of the tenants but got conflicting answers. Some folks told me they were condo others told me they were co op-condo mixture with some units for lower income folks. I would kine more information. But they are on both sides of FDB. If anyone has anymore details share them. i will ask my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are regular condos. Initially, there were some set-asides for those who lived in community board 10. My sister owns one. There is nothing distinctive, architecturally speaking. Sponsor prices started at $175k to 250K more than 15-years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved into one ofthese units in the past year. Not this buildig, there are 3 others just like it. We love our patio and the parking and the close vicinity to multippe subways. The main negs are that the board is not very ambitious and there's not many restaurants or bars nearby. It is pretty quiet and we plan on staying for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to clarify my previous comment. I do not live in that building and each one has their own board that is independent from the others. I think that they were all originally subsidized housing but that was back in 94 or 96. Many people cashed out big already, although there are a number of original owners in my building.

    ReplyDelete