Friday, November 5, 2010

☞ DWELL: 273 West 132nd Street Brownstone



OPEN HOUSE, SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH, 12:00 Noon - 2: 00 PM. The open house pick this week is a 15 foot wide brownstone located between FDB/8th Avenue and ACP/7th Avenue that used to be a 4-family layout but now is configured as a single family home.  Location wise, the block is pretty intact with brownstones (but there are a couple of shells) and the closest subway station is about a 5 minute walk to the 2,3 train at 135th Street. There's a bit of original detail left inside and the place looks move in ready except for maybe the baths (which are missing photo).  The asking price is $1.495 million for the 2,250 square foot home with 3 floors of living space.  It's only been on the market a couple of weeks but has anyone taken a look?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Look at that staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. swell, innnit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome block to live on. Supermarkets at both ends, Mexican food on the corner and a jazz club across the street. There is also the B and C trains at the park which is less than a 5 minute walk. I am clearly biased since I live here. The place is only 400 k over priced. They just renovated the kitchen nothing else has been touched, wiring, plumbing etc. Apparently the folks at Corcoran still think it’s 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Corey Jace--why is there a street sign in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a good question. I guess I should have been clearer in my post. By my being biased I was refering to the fact that I live on this block not that I live in this property. I'm a few houses down. Gold fence and now dead flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn't think you lived in the actual building but imagined a 'Yo! Howcum you gotta big lamp pole with a street sign on it?" conversation with your neighbours.

    I now must pot up some new mums for my stoop. Dead flowers so depressing but live ones make everyone happier when they walk by.

    ReplyDelete