Wednesday, October 3, 2012

☞ EAT: Harlem Food Bar at Restaurant Week


The fall Harlem Restaurant and Retail week is going on right now and most participating restaurants are  providing 3 course prix fixe lunch or dinners for the price of $20.12 on weekdays at earlier hours.  Harlem Food Bar at 2100 FDB and 115th Street will be offering their special menu from Monday through Fridays, at 5:00PM-8:00PM.  Check out the full menus and the available hours of participating restaurants at the Harlem Park to Park Facebook site: LINK

4 comments:

  1. Does anyone else think that $20 for chicken wings and a sandwich is a bit steep? People were balking at $2 bialis a couple weeks ago and they're REALLY good bialis... Is the food worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My objection here is that if you don't eat meat you're kinda out of luck with this.

    Glad to hear the bialys were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'd be more of a deal if they offered a drink with dinner and dessert. I love Harlem Food Bar, but honestly everything is $2 - $3 overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to support the community, and I understand the space is small, there's rent, blah, blah, blah. The portions are small, but they're enough to fill you up. But with small portions, and rather high prices given the luncheon ambiance, I want the flavors to be something I can't knock out at home. They aren't that. Cut my bill $5-10/meal, and I'd be back a few times a month. As it stands, I've been twice since it opened. Not special enough for it to be a must-see when entertaining out-of-towners. Not inexpensive enough to make it one of my regular haunts.

    ReplyDelete